I love retouching portraits. It’s my favourite kind of image to work on in Photoshop.
However, in portrait photography, my two biggest pet peeves are dark circles and sharpness. Take a look at this untouched picture by Nazm Photography.
I really like this portrait and couldn’t resist working on it. This is what I settled on:
Here’s what I did:
- Added a cream coloured filter to the highlights in the picture.
- Put another filter (any kind) in soft light to increase the contrast of shadows.
- Dodged her cheekbones to enhance them.
- Burnt the hollow on the cheek to add depth.
- Brightened up the eyes with the dodge tool.
- Cloned stamped some of the dark circles (removing them completely would have made the picture look fake).
- Added a little bit of colour to her lips.
- Sharpened the image.
These tweaks make the image more striking. What you guys think?